Recent changes to the Fire Management Manual
This page documents changes made in the Fire Management Manual within the last three years.
Last updated February 5, 2018.
- Protective or natural fiber clothing required under Nomex outerwear.|
- Added Safety reference for high Heat Index working conditions.
|Oct 2017:||- Clarified fire extinguisher specifications for ATV/UTV Safety.|
- Training class RX-410 Smoke Management Techniques required for all new RXB2 Burn Boss positions certified after 1 October 2017, following change in NWCG 310-1 standard.
|July 2017:||- Updated links on every page of the fire manual.|
- Clarified sections of administrative Special Situations.
- Simplified the Planning section of the fire manual.
|Dec 2016:||- Added Burn Boss Refresher requirement to RXB1, RXB2 and RXB3 positions.|
- Added the requirement of having Fire Extinguishers on vehicles.
- Added Fire Shelter Deployment as a type of reportable incident.
- Updated running type of fitness test parameters.