This page documents changes made in the Fire Management Manual within the last three years.
|July 2017:||- Updated links on every page of the fire manual.|
- Clarified sections of administrative Special Situations.
- Simplified the Planning section of the fire manual.
|Dec 2016:||- Added Burn Boss Refresher requirement to RXB1, RXB2 and RXB3 positions.|
- Added the requirement of having Fire Extinguishers on vehicles.
- Added Fire Shelter Deployment as a type of reportable incident.
- Updated running type of fitness test parameters.
|Nov 2014:||- Revised RXB3 Burn Boss criteria for use on Conservancy burns.|
- Revised Burn Planning and plan template to conform to US Interagency standards.
- Revised Chainsaw Operator standards to adjust to NWCG inclusion of this technical position in the 310-1 qualifications standards.
- Added required training of Bloodborne Pathogens to First Aid and CPR responder trainings, complying with OSHA requirements.
|Nov 2012:||- Defined NIMS training requirements and IQCS database needs for fire qualifications management and compliance reporting.|
- Clarified that CPR is required as part of First Aid and CPR requirements.
- Added Acting Fire Manager designation procedures.
- Clarified text in Requirement 6 to define required fitness testing variation by position.
- Added required training (I-200 Basic Incident Command System) to Single Resource Boss positions, complying with fall 2012 change to US NWCG standard (PMS 310-1)